Floating

Floating
The Seine in Paris France

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Operation Blubber Clubber Day 1

As you all have hopefully seen in my last blog, I have decided to change my lifestyle. The start of my day was unfortunately not eventful but as my friends and I went to brunch at the school cafeteria, I surprisingly reminded myself of the importance of today. No! Think about it before you get in any of the lines. I went and got into the line with the steamed vegetables and spaghetti. I know, spaghetti isn't exactly a good thing for me but I knew that today was a big day. I didn't want to start my diet off with rabbit food or tasteless boring food. Instead, I wanted to start my new diet off with food that I like to eat because if I don't learn how to eat my favorite foods than I'll never get this diet to work. I know myself all too well sometimes but that is a good thing. I ate spaghetti and vegetables and drank water, yes, water. I usually skip the veggies, go straight to the soda and eat until I'm beyond full. Today, I had one plate, only one, I was still a little on the hungry side, but I left any way. I entered my meal into the calorie counter and *drum roll please*, 608 calories. I usually eat 2000 calories in one meal so this is a HUGE improvement. If I cut my portions down now, who knows, in a week, I might be cutting those portions down. I don't want to starve, I don't want to give up on food I like, I just want to be a lot healthier in my choices that I make. I don't wish to be 120 lbs, I just want to be healthy. My goal right now is to get down to 200 lbs. I know that is still "fat" but that's 32 lbs of fat gone. That's a huge deal to someone my size. After I ate, I immediately started rearranging the room. I worked tirelessly for 6 hours just moving the room around. That's a lot of lifting moving around the room constantly, pushing well over 100+ lbs, and in my exercise section of the calorie counter, I only said I walked lightly for 2 hours. As you see, I did more, but I gave the benefit of the doubt. For dinner, I ate a small portion of roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots, broccoli and a honey crisp apple for dessert. Sounds like a lot, but once again, I was still hungry after I left, but I'm okay with that. 647 Calories total for dinner. So far, at 9:21pm I am at 1465, I forgot about my apple I had at dinner and had to add it to the calorie counter - lol. I could totally eat 5 granola bars and still be under my 2000 set limit. Don't worry, I'm not going to do that. My granola bars are for when I take my meds at night because I have to eat when I take them because I get sick if I don't. I so hope tomorrow goes better than today but I'm definitely not ashamed of how well it went. Tomorrow is when the study exercising begins. I will be going on the bike for when I need to highlight in books and when I just have to read, I'll be on the treadmill. I'm also hoping to be able to read on the climber. I need to take it slow at the start of my workout plan, but who knows, maybe when I am doing this in 3 weeks I might be able to last longer on the exercise equipment.

Who's proud? I AM!

If this diet really works, I so hope to share this with college friends. They're seeing my attitude and it's so different. I'm not going to the dessert bar, I'm making one stop for food and one stop for a nice refreshing H2O! BLAM!

No comments: