Floating

Floating
The Seine in Paris France

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Holidays

Today, I managed to get well over 12 hours of sleep. It was so great, but at the same time, I should have awoken much earlier in the day. I am so far behind in college, which, I guess, is the predicament more students are in at this point and time. I find that the holidays are the worst things for us. We know roughly when they are and yet they haunt us on a daily basis because we know that come a holiday, comes the end of the holiday and that means that the professors are ready for the end of the semester. Naturally we all are ready, but I don't believe anyone truly looks forward to finals week, final papers, and writing assignments. It's a horrible time.

To make matters worse, while living in the dorms, the Resident Hall Directors are hosting door decorating contests to encourage everyone to get into the holiday spirit. I loathe Christmas with a passion, but I do have good reasoning behind my hatred towards the holiday. It's not very family oriented once you reach a certain age and then, what ever happened to Thanksgiving? The Thanksgiving holiday does not involve greed or financial burdens, or as much of a financial burden, but it is not based on religion; it's why we're here, on the land we are on. Granted, we now know we don't deserve it, but still... it's a time when the white and the natives shook hands and finally got along for a short period of time. Thanksgiving people, it, like Halloween, comes before the jolliest, yet most depressing, holiday of the year. My roommate and I have come to a decision as to what we are doing for our door this year. We both agree that Halloween was too short and Christmas is too long (she absolutely love Christmas though, so I'm like the scrooge in the dorm.).

We are going to represent the greatest Halloween/Christmas movie ever made, in our opinions that is. The Nightmare Before Christmas. At the bottom of the door, we're doing the doors and a picture of both Christmas town and Halloween Town. Then, taking up the majority of our door, Jack Skellington in his Santa Suit standing next to an Oogey Boogey Christmas Tree with the evil presents. Naturally we'll be including the spider snowflake and other normal snowflakes, but it will be so amazing! We know we're likely not to win, but we're doing it as a good representation of us. One that loves Christmas and one that hates Christmas. Bah humbug. If the holiday didn't bring hope to so many people in the world, I'd wish it would be put to an end, but it does change peoples' spirits in a good way so continue being jolly. My room mate and I will be choosing a great quote from the movie here soon. You can not have Jack Skellington without a quote from the movie! To be honest... I think it would be hilarious to make the evil wreath and put that on the door, but I think then our door will be a bit too much! It would, however, be quite intriguing. LOL!

I have already blogged too long now. I suppose it is time for me to get off here and start actually doing my homework since that was my sole intention for today. Homework is never fun because you HAVE to do it in order to get a decent score while in college. Boo. Definitely boo.


I love Tim Burton <3 He's a damn genius... this door of ours is going to be amazing!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day and don't forget about Thanksgiving... it's a great holiday as well :)

No comments: